Hi friends! I know it’s been a little quiet on here, but I’m back after taking a hiatus to enjoy the holidays with family and catch up on work. While I haven’t been writing on here, I have been putting together my thoughts on how I’d love to evolve this blog in 2016, so expect to see some exciting updates on here in the upcoming weeks!
For now, I wanted to share the healthy breakfast I’ve been enjoying since I’ve been back in Seattle and pears are a plenty. This Ginger Pear Smoothie Bowl is a great way to kick off your morning. The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger will help you feel your best throughout the day. Also, maybe it’s just me, but smoothie bowls are so pretty that I feel like I’m treating myself every time I make one. It doesn’t hurt that they are super easy to make, so give this one a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- Ginger can help reduce pain and inflammation.
- The high levels of antioxidants in ginger help strengthen your immune system.
- With an average of 6 grams of fiber, pears are one of the highest fiber fruits which helps with digestion and keeping your cholesterol down.
- The phytonutrients in pears may help prevent stomach cancers.
- 3 pears, ripe and frozen
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp raisins
- In a blender, combine the frozen pears, frozen banana, piece of ginger, and cinnamon.
- Pulse until ginger is well chopped.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with pecans, buckwheat groats, and raisins. Enjoy with a spoon!